Friday, November 29, 2013

Inside my Trish McEvoy Makeup Planner



Nosy person I am, I love having a look through people's makeup bags. I'm pretty sure a lot of you feel the same, so I thought I'd share mine. I managed to condense all the makeup I could possibly need during my time abroad into my Trish McEvoy makeup planner (my mom's old one, since she upgraded to the bigger size), although I could fit my whole "collection" in it if I wanted to. 


The planner itself is basically the best thing ever. It's essentially a makeup binder, so it has rings with magnetic pages in it (think small Z-palettes), slots for brushes (or liners/mascara/etc), and a removable mesh bag, which I fill up with my liquids when I travel by plane. I take it out to go through security, then pop it back in later. Simples.

Right now in my medium page I have my two blushes, Natural and Easy Going (I can fit in another; I really want Peony Pink...), a few Wet n Wild shadows that I depotted, and five Dior shadows I depotted from a limited edition set (I use the matte brown for my brows). Then I have a small page with three depotted shadows from Wet nWild that I'll use sometimes, but not all the time. In fact, I'll drop those off at home when I'm back in the states for the holidays and ditch them to go back to Paris...

I have in the brush section a Trish bronzer, powder, blush, brow, shader, crease, and smudge brush. Her brushes are the best! Especially her eye ones. They just do all the work for you. I'm obsessed. The only saddening thing is that the bronzer and powder brushes shed a bit, and the glue from the ferule of my bronzer brush was falling out for while (it's fine now, I think I just washed it weirdly). I keep a small washcloth in the planner to protect the brushes and the planner, kind of like a protective flap. 

In my mesh bag, I keep my bronzer and powder from Deborah Milano, two Maybelline Color Tattoos (Bold Gold and Bad to the Bronze), my Fresh Sugar Berry lip balm, my Makeup Forever red lipstick, my Trish McEvoy Eye Base Essentials in Nude, and my Trish Curling Mascara. I keep my TimeBalm concealer in Light/Medium with my skincare since I apply it after my sunscreen, and I keep my Nuxe Rêve de Miel lip balm in my backpack to use on the daily.

Aside from that, I only have a few makeup bits and my Z-palette at home. I'm a simple gal, I am. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the concept of this Trish McEvoy Makeup Planner! I also use the Fresh lip treatment and the Nuxe lip balm regularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an investment. haha It's so worth it though! Right now, Trish is doing them for the holidays, and they already come full with makeup. I'd check it out!
      And the Fresh lip treatments are the best. :)

      Delete