Monday, February 24, 2014

Review: La Roche-Posay Toleriane Teint Mineral Compact Powder


I ran out of the Wet n Wild Cover-All powder a while ago (not my favorite either), so I picked up the  La Roche-Posay Toleriane Teint Mineral Compact Powder while I was in City Pharma on Rue du Four. It has SPF 25 and claims to mattify and even skin tone without blocking pores, so I was all for it. 


The shade range is pretty disappointing. There are three and they all run pretty pink. I picked the lightest, least pink one, and it's still not as light or yellow as I would like it to be. I have a neutral light/medium skin tone. 

Here are the ingredients, and yes, the powder does contain mineral oil. Why did I pick this up again?



I do quite like the packaging. Although I rarely use the sponges, it is nice that they managed to fit one in here in a compartment at the bottom while keeping the package fairly sleek. The mirror is nice (a step above the Wet n Wild packaging). 

Claims and directions for use:


While the powder sounded really nice to me, it was a total fail. There is some coverage, but only accompanied by a completely heavy and cakey look. It does not absorb oil at all. I get greasy within 15 minutes after applying. It settles into creases and fine lines, and it doesn't wear evenly, so by the end of the day I'm left with a cakey/patchy/greasy mess. Blush does not wear nicely over the top, and it doesn't set concealer well. It also oxidizes. 

If you have oily skin like me, give this a pass. Even if it were reasonably priced (it's not around 10-15 euro) I would not get this stuff. I haven't been this disappointed in a powder in a very long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment