Saturday, October 26, 2013

Review: Trish McEvoy Lash Curling Mascara - aka Best Mascara Ever


If you've never heard me rave about this mascara before, you've probably never talked to me about makeup. I have an obsession with this stuff. I've probably mentioned it in many blog posts as it's my favorite mascara of all time.

Now, I am usually a drugstore girl. Especially when it comes to mascaras or any other product that I go through quickly, as it's a pain to repurchase a $30 mascara. However, if you ever have a Treat Yoself Day (Parks and Rec, anyone?) please add this to your list. It's incredible.
Obviously the packaging is beautiful, so now that that's over with, we can talk about the brush. It just picks up the perfect amount of product and grips each lash perfectly. It coats the lashes, yet still leaves them clump free with a voluminous separation. Ahhh the perfection.




Now if you scrolled down to this text here, you just saw how amazing the results are. Top: no mascara, Bottom: mascara. One coat btw.

Inorite?


BaBAM

And yah. Still one coat. All you need. In fact, it fully dries by the time you would do a second coat, so there's no point trying to build more, especially if you don't need to. I don't know about you, but I don't like putting more mascara on top of dried mascara.

Also, I don't curl my lashes or wear eyeliner. This gives me enough curl (if you have straighter lashes, curl them, and this will hold it in place all day) and volume, those steps would be unnecessary for me. If you looked at the pictures, you'll know this gives you length.


Left: mascara                                                              Right: bare lashes


Still not convinced?

Another cool part about this mascara that makes it more unique than any other I've tried is that it's a fiber mascara. So it won't smudge EVER or flake (maybe once the tube starts to get dried out or you have a very oily eye area, but nothing a finger won't wipe away in one second). It lasts a long time throughout the day, too. And like you see in the photos, no clumps. The fibers are also great for those with allergies or sensitivities to other mascaras. In the store I work at, people come and get this because it's the only mascara that doesn't make their eyes puff out red with anger.

Also, it takes a minute to get off. All you need is some warm water, and the fibers squiggle off, not taking your actual lashes with them. Whenever I use this, my lashes always look so much healthier and fuller on their own. 

Only downside is that because it's so easy to get off with water, if you cry or swim, the mascara tubes off a little bit. So no, it's not waterproof. 

Other than that, it's perf.

I might also mention that this is the only mascara my mom will use. And she's tried Chanel, Lancome, Estée, etc. This is her holy grail, too.

I know 30 bucks every 2.5 months (how long the tube usually lasts me) is expensive compared to 5 for every three months, but if you work it out it's only 40 cents a day. People pay more than that for Starbucks. I'd rather make my own coffee and have perfect lashes. So...










No comments:

Post a Comment