Monday, September 28, 2015

September Empties 2015


I have to start off with an apology. It's been a while, lots of stuff has collected, this is going to be a long post, and I took photos as I went so I could recycle my stuff (things look jumbled). Sorry. However, I have some great products to review, so I hope you'll bear with me!


1. Vaseline Intensive Care Aloe Soothe (was Aloe Fresh in the past): I've gone through several bottles of this lotion before, but this was my first time using a large pump. I actually prefer the smaller bottle (I know it's not as good of a deal). Toward the end of this one, it's super hard to get the product out, and that's rather annoying tbh. Otherwise, this is a nice lightweight/non-sticky lotion that's still very hydrating and fresh smelling. I have another one of these bottles as a backup, but in the future I might not repurchase this, just because I'm trying to use products that are a little bit more natural on my body. I mostly don't care about the whole "natural" thing, but the scents tend to be a bit more pleasant for me.
2. Jennifer Aniston's perfume: This smelled really good, but I get bored of fragrances after a while, so I won't repurchase. 
3. L'Occitane Amande Shower Oil: This was okay. I don't totally understand the hype though. It's not more moisturizing than other shower gels, and you need quite a lot to get it to lather. Also, I thought it smelled kind of artificial. I probably won't repurchase over something cheaper.
4. Trish McEvoy Sexy 9 hand cream: This was a deluxe sample with an order I made on Trish's website. This is an amazing hand cream, and it smells incredible. Why doesn't she make this permanent (and add SPF)??? I'd totes repurchase if possible.
5. Tata Harper Smoothing Body Scrub: This stuff was LUSH. I used it when my body was slightly damp in the shower so I could get the most milage out of it (if you're too wet, it'll melt before you get a good scrub). It smells so fresh and lightly floral. I can't afford to repurchase it now that I live in San Francisco, but dayum. If you want to treat yourself...


6. Tata Harper Purifying Cleanser: This cleanser is truly amazing. It made my skin so soft and helped keep it clear. However, I won't repurchase this over her Regenerating Cleanser. I just prefer the smell. This one is more gingery, and if you get it in your eyes, it stings really badly. Still, it's cheaper, and if you break out a lot, this is very clarifying.
7. Kat Burki Hibiscus Antioxidant Mask: This mask was really nice. It smells good, purifies, exfoliates, and moisturizes all in one. However, sometimes the glycolic stings a bit, and I tend to not like particles in my masks. I won't repurchase just because of my weird things about texture, but it's still a really great product. 
8. Darphin Ideal Resource Anti-Dark Circle Eye Illuminator: I miss this now that it's gone. Although the metal applicator is gimmicky, the powdery finish works great under makeup, it's hydrating, and offers a tiny bit of brightening (it's tinted). I might be tempted to repurchase this once I'm out of my current eye cream.
9. Kevyn Aucoin Expert Lip Color in Hanabeth: Great lipstick, but I can't repurchase since it's discontinued. 
10. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer: This is probably one of my favorite bronzers ever. It's matte, the color isn't too warm or too cool, it applies evenly, and it smells AMAZING. I'll most likely repurchase this after I'm out of all my other bronzers. 
11. By Terry Mascara 1 Black: I have a love/hate thing with this mascara. Oddly enough, I love using it on my clients, because it makes the lashes really feathery looking. However, on me it doesn't look that great, and it smudges (I'm super oily though). I could never spend the money on this again, especially when drugstore mascaras are so good.
12. Covergirl Professional Remarkable Mascara: This is a great drugstore mascara. It smudged on me a bit this summer, but usually it's fine when I'm not so oily. I think I like the CG Clump Crusher Extensions better though, so I'll probably repurchase that one over this one.


I finished some samples when I went to NYC...
13. Trish McEvoy Sexy 4 Gardenia Musk: Favorite Trish fragrance (I also like 3 and 9). She doesn't seem to make Sexy 4 anymore though, just 4.
14. Lavanilla The Healthy Body Butter Pure Vanilla: Love the deodorant, not the body butter. It really is nothing special. 
15. Natura Bissé Diamond White Matte Finish SPF: Oddly enough, I find my usual NB Oil Free Brilliant SPF to be more matte than this one. I liked this, however, nothing will ever beat Diamond White Brilliant SPF in my mind. 


16. Head and Shoulders Smooth and Silky Conditioner: One of my favorites. It makes my hair feel amazing (soft, shiny, healthy scalp). Smells good, too. I'd repurchase.
17. Lush Happy Hippy Shower Gel: The smell of this started to really get on my nerves after a while. While this made my skin feel super soft, it smelled a bit like bathroom cleaner. Won't repurchase.
18. Emma Hardie Hand Cream: Great hand cream. It's very moisturizing and smells like matcha. I'd repurchase, but maybe keep it on my bedside table as it's one of those more hydrating ones that you can still feel a bit on your hands.


19. Tata Harper Rejuventating Serum: This serum is awesome. I used it at night because it's so hydrating. It makes your skin look glowy, and it does smooth out fine lines. I'd repurchase.
20. Odaïtès Crème Sensationelle: I can't wait for this brand to get more recognition. This cream is so nice. It smells incredible, hydrates the skin completely, and it's not a heavy texture. I'd repurchase.
21. Natura Bissé Oxygen Finishing Mask: This is one of my favorite masks. I feel like my skin is kind of suffering without it. It's a gel so it's not so obvious that you're wearing a mask, it hydrates the skin, yet clears it and prevents cystic breakouts. I slept in this over my moisturizer, and it just made skin issues go away. I'd repurchase for sure.
22. Natura Bissé Oxygen Gel: So lightweight, yet so hydrating. It made my skin feel amazing. I'd repurchase, but I think NB is discontinuing this though. I might die. 
23. The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil: Not worth the hype at all. I feel like this doesn't really remove makeup all that completely. Also, it stings if I get it in my eyes. I wouldn't waste my money on this again.
24. Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion: One of the only things that works to get rid of cystic breakouts. I would repurchase (but recently I haven't had cystic breakouts! *Knocks on wood*).
25. Natura Bissé Diamond White Oil-Free Brilliant SPF 50: I'm dying without this. It's perfect in every way. I cut open the tube to make sure I got everything. It's tinted, so I just used this and then a powder on top. It wasn't greasy, it protected my skin so well, and it lasts all day until you take it off. I love this. I bought the Clinique SPF 40, but I miss this. Once I'm out of the Clinique, I'm for sure getting this back in my life. 
26. Darphin Gel Stop Blemish Clearing Gel: This is a great spot treatment. I haven't been using one lately though (weird, right?), but I would repurchase this for those small red zits.

Forgot the Emma Hardie Body Oil! I love this. It's really hydrating, yet sinks in really nicely. A true dry oil. I would repurchase. I love EH body stuff.

27. Head and Shoulders Smooth and Silky Shampoo: One of my favorite shampoos. Clears your scalp after a couple uses. Would repurchase. 
28. Emma Hardie Luxurious Body Cleanser: Good lather, moisturizing, but I don't like the smell that much. 
29. Marvis Ginger Mint toothpaste: My zillionth Marvis toothpaste, but the first time I tried this flavor. I actually really like it. It's not super gingery, but it tastes really good and fresh. I'd repurchase of course (Marvis toothpaste is life). 
30. Makeup Forever HD Pressed Powder: I really liked this. It's mattifying, doesn't settle into lines, and is invisible. I probably won't purchase the full size though, just because I like powder foundations that give me a bit of coverage. If this were tinted though...


31. Dove GoFresh Deodorant in Blue Fig and Orange Blossom: This was my favorite deodorant, and I'm out. However, I hopped on the aluminum-free deodorant chain (using the Lavanilla and really liking it), so I won't repurchase. 
32. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moist: Not my favorite conditioner ever, but I got it on sale for a couple bucks (if you need something super cheap, this ain't bad). I like the Head and Shoulders one better, so I'd repurchase that before repurchasing this. 

If you made it to the end, thank you. I hope that wasn't too long, and hopefully it was somewhat helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment