Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Review: Lancome Audacity in Paris Palette - Such Disappointment. Wow.

I was so excited when I saw Lisa Eldridge's instagram saying that she was making this palette for Lancôme. She's one of my favorite makeup artists, and I thought everything she touched had to be perfect. When the Auda[city] in Paris palette hit the shelves, I ordered it straight away.


This taught me to never buy without swatching first. I have never used shadows this bad. Ever. I really wish I took pictures of the swatches before I returned this palette, but I was so eager to return it, I forgot. 

I'm glad the palette came with 16 shades, and it should have been a good deal for a palette. I thought the brush looked nice in the website photos, and the packaging was super cute. When I swatched the shades on my arm, though, hardly any pigment showed up. Out of all 16 shadows, only several had any pigment to them. I thought I'd try them on the lid with the brush because sometimes just a swatch isn't accurate. The flat side of the brush picked up no pigment. Nothing was visible on my lids. The other side of the brush was way too big for my eyes, and it made the shadow look muddy when applied.

The next day, I used my Trish McEvoy brushes, which make everything look good. Still. Hardly any pigment. The shadow didn't build, it didn't blend. My lids looked so ridiculously chalky and powdery, and no color looked the same way on my lid as it did in the pan. 

I returned the next day.

Don't waste your money. 

If you want good swatches, check out Temptalia's review (I wish I saw her review before buying).

From Lancôme website:

"$68, A $346 Value


How Audacious are you today? Designed by Lisa Eldridge and inspired by the streets of Paris, Lancôme's first multi-pan eyeshadow palette has 16 beautiful shades in 4 finishes that let you bring Paris wherever you go. Pick a chic look for the day, an audacious look for the night, or anything that falls in between. 


This set contains:
FILIGREE (LIGHT GOLD SHIMMER)
CHOQUETTE (PEACH MATTE)
PARFAIT (LIGHT PINK MATTE)
KITTEN HEEL (GOLD COPPER SHIMMER)
JOIE (GOLDEN-BRONZE SHIMMER)
VOYAGE (MUTED PURPLE MATTE)
SANTE (BROWN MATTE)
ÉCLAIR (PURPLE METALLIC)
EXHIBITION (ORCHID SHIMMER)
ZIP ME UP (DEEP [PURPLE SHIMMER)
VOLCANO (SILVERY GRAY SHIMMER)
CLOCK STRIKES 12 (GRAY METALLIC)
AUDACIOUS (SMOKEY BROWN SHIMMER)
COUTURE (DARK BROWN MATTE)
IT LIST (BLACK MATTE)
NUIT (BLACK METALLIC)



DUAL ENDED BRUSH"


No comments:

Post a Comment