Wednesday, July 8, 2015

This month in Instagram skincare (some of my daily routines and reviews)

This past month I've been quite a floozy when it comes to my skincare. Trying everything. Really. 
Since I haven't had the most steady same-thing-everyday kind of routine, I thought I'd share some of the skincare combos I've been using day and night for the last month. You'll of course notice some favorites though... ;)



Makeup Removal: Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm
I like this cleansing balm, and I like how you don't need a cloth to remove it. I prefer to rinse it off because I'm lazy. It effectively removes makeup and puts moisture back into the skin. I have to say though, I do like the Darphin cleansing balm better (both the texture and smell).

Skin Cleanse: Darphin Refreshing Cleansing Milk
This smells really good. Otherwise, it's a pretty standard cleansing milk.

Tone: Trish McEvoy Beta Hydroxy Pads
I love Beta Pads. I already have another double sized jar as a backup for this one. They remove dead skin, balance pH, and leave the skin feeling hydrated.

Eye Cream: Darphin Wrinkle Corrective Eye Contour Cream
Not my favorite eye cream. I found it a bit heavy, and it doesn't do much of anything, really. 

Serum: Tata Harper Rejuvenating Serum
I love this serum. It's super hydrating, and my face looks so glowy after using it. I also feel the muscles in my face relaxing when I use this. Go, Tata! Thank you for preventing the appearance of my future wrinkles.

Oil: African Botanics Neroli Infused Marula Oil
My favorite face oil. Ever. It's so hydrating, but it's lightweight at the same time. I used it a lot in the winter, too to get rid of that tight feeling my skin gets when my skin is dehydrated. It's anti-inflammatory, so it calms any welt-like zits I may get. It has a lot of Vitamin C, E, and omegas. Only $40 an ounce by the way. Usually oils can get pretty expensive. (You get 2 ounces per bottle, but this bottle lasts forever). 

Night Cream: Odaïtès Crème Sensationelle
Again, I love neroli! This has neroli in it, therefore, it smells divine. It's also really hydrating, lightweight, and again, because of the date extract, I feel the muscles in my face relaxing. A little goes a long way as well. Loooove.


Makeup Removal: Natura Bissé The Cure All-in-one Cleanser
This cleanser smells SO good. I did find out this night that I prefer oil cleansers and balm cleansers to this. This shall be a skin cleanser from now on. I love that it makes my skin feel hydrated. It has chelating agents in it, so it traps the minerals and gross stuff in my water that dry out the skin.

Skin Cleanse: Tata Harper Purifying Cleanser
Tata is my queen. She sent me this cleanser after I had met her a while before, and I have been obsessed with it after the first use. I massage it onto dry skin, brush my teeth while it sits on my face like a mask (enzymes eat my dead skin yay!), then rinse off. It turns really milky and rinses away so cleanly. My skin feels so soft, purged, but also hydrated at the same time. I love this so much. Only one word of warning though: careful around the eyes. There are some pretty strong essential oils here that will burn if they come too close.

Tone: Natura Bissé The Cure Hydro-gel Toner
Another new obsession of mine. This toner is basically like a hydrating serum (in a gigantic will-last-forever bottle). It balances pH of course, but again, has chelating agents to trap the grossness your water leaves behind. My skin feels so hydrated after using this. I love this, and I shall never be without this from this day forward. I alternate this with the Trish Beta Pads. 

Eye Cream: Natura Bissé Diamond Life Infusion Retinol Eye Serum
This eye serum is LIFE. Hence Life Infusion, right? This is one of the only eye creams I have used that actually DOES SOMETHING. (The only other ones were also from Natura Bissé). I'm a side sleeper, and night by night this takes out the wrinkle-dent I have under my left eye. It actually does help with dark circles (it boosts microcirculation), and it's making my eyebrow skin (my eyes are slightly hooded) firmer, so that skin isn't sagging on my eyes anymore. Can I marry this stuff? Really though.

Serum: Tata Harper Rejuvenating Serum
Oil: African Botanics Neroli Infused Marula Oil
Repeats. Because I love them.

Night Cream: Emma Hardie Age Support Cream
I ended up using the rest of this on my neck. The smell (citronella) is not my favorite. Why can't all of EH's products smell like her hand cream (which smells like matcha tea)? It feels greasy, too, unlike my Odaïtès one which sinks in really well.


Skin Cleanse: Darphin Refreshing Cleansing Milk
Tone: Trish McEvoy Beta Hydroxy Pads

Eye Cream: Darphin Ideal Resource Anti-dark Circles Eye Illuminator
Okay eye cream. Hydrates. Slightly colored, and that corrects dark circles a bit. Cold metal tips are a gimmicky, and I use this with my fingers instead. Does not work miracles.

Serum: Darphin Ideal Resource Wrinkle Minimizer Perfecting Serum
Okay. Hydrates. Minimizes appearance of pores slightly. Light texture. Too much fragrance. After using certain Natura Bissé serums, I'm not as impressed with this as I used to be.

Moisturizer: Darphin Hydraskin Light
Really really really hydrating. This was in the morning, but I've now starting alternating this as my night cream because it's so hydrating. If you need a skin drink and have normalish skin (if you're super oily you might want to get something lighter), look this way. 

Sunscreen: Natura Bissé NB Ceutical Extra Smooth High Protection SPF 50
A bit heavy for me. Leaves a slight white cast. I've been using it on my neck now.

Then I did some concealer, Trish McEvoy Eye Base Essentials in Bare. Great for concealing zits.


Mask: Darphin Skin Mat Mask
I think this might be expired.... But it's a nice clay mask. It doesn't try to a very hard crackly-like mask. Good as a spot treatment for cystic acne. 

Makeup Removal: Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm
Skin Cleanse: Darphin Refreshing Cleansing Milk
Tone: Natura Bissé The Cure Hydro-gel Toner
Eye Cream: Natura Bissé Diamond Life Infusion Retinol Eye Serum
Serum: Tata Harper Rejuvenating Serum
Oil: African Botanics Neroli Infused Marula Oil
Night Cream: Odaïtès Crème Sensationelle


Skin Cleanse: Natura Bissé The Cure All-in-one Cleanser
Tone: Natura Bissé The Cure Hydro-gel Toner

Serum: Natura Bissé Oxygen Complex
Why was I without this for so long??? This is anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and leaves my skin nice and matte. However, my favorite way to use this is as a spot treatment. If you have a cystic zit, take a bit of this, and for about four minutes, massage it onto the zit in circles. Deal through the pain. The zit goes down in a night or two. Love love love love love LOVE.

Eye Cream: Darphin Ideal Resource Anti-dark Circles Eye Illuminator
Moisturizer: Darphin Hydraskin Light

Sunscreen: Natura Bissé Diamond White Oil-Free Brilliant Sun Protection
New favorite SPF EVER. It's light weight, blocks ALL the rays (PA+++ super high Japanese rating), and has a slight tint, so after this, my skin looks pretty much perfect already, and I can just use powder foundation.


Skin Cleanse: Tata Harper Purifying Cleanser
Tone: Natura Bissé The Cure Hydro-gel Toner
Eye Cream: Darphin Ideal Resource Anti-dark Circles Eye Illuminator
Serum: Darphin Ideal Resource Wrinkle Minimizer Perfecting Serum

Moisturizer: Natura Bissé Oxygen Gel
I LOVE this moisturizer. (This is my second tube btw). It's so light, gives great moisture, is calming to my skin, and keeps my makeup fresh and non-oily the whole day. Moisturizer perfection. 

Sunscreen: Natura Bissé Diamond White Oil-Free Brilliant Sun Protection

I've of course been using some other treatments this month, but this is what I have on Instagram (hence instagram skincare), so I thought I'd explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment